Sharing is caring and we want to offer some delicious easy and healthy breakfast ideas for your baby, toddler, big kid or even yourself.
We are so lucky to get tagged in on so many gorgeous images of food served in our EasyMats, So It’s an opportunity to showcase some of my favorites. I’ve always been in awe at some of the efforts mum’s and dad’s go to with balancing foods and time, especially those baby led weaning crew! I used to make the usual excuses of “I’m far too busy” or even, “they must be super trained cooking type people”. Not true. These are normal mums, like you and I. So I challenged myself to start to follow just one new recipe I fancied a week. It’s been easy and fun! As a result of that I have decided to select some recipes and ideas that are just fabulously easy and super tasty. Paying it forward and recognizing the hard work and dedication of real parents who offer these ideas completely free of charge on their social pages that are dedicated entirely to sharing their own weaning journey.
This week I would like to introduce you to @eating_with_eiliyah – check out her gorgeous page on Instagram. Plus here are 5 of her breakfast recipes that you can try out yourself.
5 Breakfast Ideas for little ones
Hi, I’m Sumayya, mum of one to Eiliyah who is 9 months old. We started BLW at 6 months and I choose BLW for it’s many benefits, such as helping Eiliyah learn to feed herself from a young age, as well as getting her accustomed to various textures. I think it can help a child become less fussy with food and that certainly seems the case for us.
1. Peanut butter french toast
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp smooth pb (i used whole earth)
- 5 tbsp whole milk
- 2 slices of milk roll
- 1/2 tsp unsalted butter for frying
Crack your egg into a tub big enough to soak your milk roll slices. Then add in your vanilla and whisk. Add your peanut butter and milk and whisk thoroughly until all ingredients are combined. Soak each slice until there are is no dry areas left on your milk roll and fry in half a tsp of unsalted butter, flipping once browned. To serve, cut each slice into half, or for younger babies cut into strips.
2. Baby banana bread with warm cinnamon pear slices
- 4 bananas
- 4 tbsp softened coconut oil
- 2tbsp chia seeds
- 240g SR flour
- 1tsp baking powder/li>
- 2tsp cinnamon
- 180ml milk of choice
- 1/2 pear
1. Set your oven to 160 degrees (fan) and line and butter a loaf tin.
2. Set 1 banana aside and mash your remaining 3 with the back of a fork.
3. Add all your remaining ingredients and mix well.
4. Pour into your loaf tin, then with your last banana, slice down the middle so it’s split in half and lay on top of your cake.
5. Cook for 40 minutes, checking at 30 minutes by inserting a clean knife. If still not cooked put back into the oven forna further 10 and check as necessary.
6. Once cooked remove from the tin and leave to cool for 15 minutes.
7. Whilst cooling peel your pear and slice into strips, coat with a pinch of cinnamon and microwave for 2.5 minutes.
8. Serve as desired.
3. Mixed Berry Porridge
- 1/2 cup porridge oats
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 4 frozen blackberries
- 5 tbsp whole milk
- 8 frozen blackcurrants
- 3 frozen raspberries
Place your berries into a pan on a low heat until they start to defrost and leak juice. Then add your milk and oats, stirring well. Turn your heat up slightly and let your porridge simmer for 6 minutes, stirring frequently. If after 6 minutes your porridge isn’t the desired consistency cook for longer, or add extra milk to loosen.
4. Warm shredded wheat
- 1/2 cup shredded wheat
- 1/2 cup whole milk heated
Heat your milk and pour over your shredded wheat ensuring they’re all coated. Serve with yoghurt and fruits of your choice.
5. Pear and chia overnight oats with warm cinnamon pear
Overnight oats recipe
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 1/2 cup of whole milk
- 2 tbsp whole milk yoghurt
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 pouch of pear puree
Mix all the above together and leave overnight in the fridge. If warming, heat for 1 min 30 before serving.
Warm pear recipe
- 1/2 peeled and diced pear
- pinch of cinnamon
Add your cinnamon to the diced pear coating well, cover and microwave for 2 min 30, serve.
Hope You Liked The Recipe Ideas.
If you would like a discount on any EasyTots EasyMat Mini as featured we are on sale on amazon this BLACK FRIDAY week with a staggering 25% Off – Only £12.00 (Usually £15.00) until midnight 29/11/19.