Our very own alternative to the classic Mince Pie…
…Our Apple & Blackberry Spiced Winter Pies! Weaning friendly and super tasty so your little ones (or the mince pie hater of the family) doesn’t miss out on all the festive fun 👍
-2 x Bramley apples
-2 tsp Cinnamon
-1/2 tsp Mixed spice
-2 tbsp Plain flour
-2 tbsp Maple syrup
-Ready rolled shortcrust pastry (or you can make your own if you prefer)
-1 egg with a little milk for glazing
-Butter for greasing
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/ 170°C fan/ Gas 5. Peel and core your apples then chop into little chunks and pop into a microwavable bowl.
2. Microwave diced apples for 1 minute on full before stirring and microwaving for a further 1 minute. This just helps to make sure your apples are nice and soft when done.
3. Cut your blackberries in half and mix in with the apples.
4. Combine together your flour, cinnamon and mixed spice then sprinkle over fruit, making sure the fruit has a good coating of the spice mixture.
5. Add in your maple syrup.
6. Grease a muffin tin with a little butter and cut circles of pastry to fit the tin, creating little pastry cases (it’s handy to have a circle cutter big enough for this to make it easier)
7. Fill your cases with the apple and blackberry filling and use the remaining pastry to create pie tops as you wish.
8. If you are baking the pie straight into the EasyMat then just skip the part where you create the pie case and pop your fruit mix straight into the mat and top with your pastry.
9. Glaze with a little egg wash and pop into the middle of the oven for 35-40 mins. Allow to cool a little before serving.