This Chicken, Ham and Leek Pie is the perfect comfort food for those chilly Spring evenings…not to mention how super tasty it is. Oh, and it can be baked straight into your EasyMat!
-1 tablespoon olive oil
-1 large leek, washed and sliced
-1 medium onion
-500g chicken breast, trimmed and diced into small chunks
-2 teaspoons mustard powder
-350ml low sodium chicken stock
-1 tablespoon cornflour mixed with 1 tablespoon of water
-80g cream cheese
-120g good quality cooked ham, cut into small pieces
-Your choice of pastry for lid
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (fan 180°C/gas mark 6)
2. Heat olive oil over a low/medium heat and cook the sliced leek and onion until they start to go soft (around 7-8 minutes).
3. Add the diced chicken and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring occasionally so that chicken start to cook on all sides.
4. Add the mustard powder and chicken stock, bringing to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
5. Stir through the cornflour paste quickly to thicken the sauce then add the cream cheese and ham. Stir through until fully combined. Add a few grinds of black pepper (this is more to taste)
6. Divide your pie mixture between your chosen EasyMat/EasyMats and pop the rest in a large pie dish for the adults (This mixture should serve 4 adults and 1 child). Top with your chosen pastry and bake accordingly (filo – 15-20 min, Puff and shortcrust – 30-40min).
Serve once cooled with plenty of vegetables and enjoy!