These French Toast Roll Ups are the perfect way to switch up breakfast a little bit! They are great for little hands to get a good grip of and are perfect for dunking. We took our inspiration for these from Natalie Peals ‘Baby-Led Weaning Made Easy’ book!
-1 slice of 50/50 bread, crusts removed
-2 tablespoons cream cheese
-1 Strawberry (or any fruit) diced into very small chunks
-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (this is to taste really, so add more or less as you like)
-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
-1 egg, whisked
-Touch of coconut oil for the pan
1. Whisk together egg, cinnamon and vanilla essence.
2. Use a rolling pin to roll the slice of bread thinly to a 2mm thickness.
3. Spread cream cheese evenly over the bread and place the diced fruit along one end.
4. Roll the bread slice to achieve a tube shape and then soak in egg mixture for 2 minutes on each side.
5. In a frying pan, heat the oil over a medium heat and then fry the roll from approximately 5 minutes, turning often until each side is golden.
Serve once cooled. We have paired ours with a nice big scoop of greek yogurt and a good helping of mixed fruit.
The EasyMat MiniMax, portable open baby suction tray. View our EasyMat MiniMax here.
Click here to see more EasyTots family and baby led weaning friendly Recipes.