These French Toast Roll Ups are the perfect way to switch up breakfast a little bit! They are great for little hands to get a good grip of and are perfect for dunking. We took our inspiration for these from Natalie Peals ‘Baby-Led Weaning Made Easy’ book!
-1 slice of 50/50 bread, crusts removed
-2 tablespoons cream cheese
-1 Strawberry (or any fruit) diced into very small chunks
-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (this is to taste really, so add more or less as you like)
-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
-1 egg, whisked
-Touch of coconut oil for the pan
1. Whisk together egg, cinnamon and vanilla essence.
2. Use a rolling pin to roll the slice of bread thinly to a 2mm thickness.
3. Spread cream cheese evenly over the bread and place the diced fruit along one end.
4. Roll the bread slice to achieve a tube shape and then soak in egg mixture for 2 minutes on each side.
5. In a frying pan, heat the oil over a medium heat and then fry the roll from approximately 5 minutes, turning often until each side is golden.
Serve once cooled. We have paired ours with a nice big scoop of greek yogurt and a good helping of mixed fruit.