These nutritious little fishcakes, from the book ‘The Baby-Led Feeding Cookbook’ by Aileen Cox Blundell, are a great way to introduce salmon to your baby. They are great to keep in your freezer stash so you have healthy lunches ready for those busier days.
- 250g Raw salmon fillet, roughly chopped
- 1 Small onion, roughly chopped
- 1 Egg
- 60g Breadcrumbs
- Black pepper, to season
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil, for frying
1. Add the salmon and onion to a food processor and process until it becomes a paste.
2. Add in the egg, breadcrumbs, pepper and paprika and mix well.
3. Spoon a heaped tablespoon of the mixture at a time into your hands and shape into small baby-sized fishcakes.
4. Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently fry both sides of the cakes until golden and cooked through.
5. Pop onto kitchen roll and allow to cool for a few minutes and serve whilst still warm.
We have served ours with some zingy avo mash (lime juice, pepper and mashed avocado) and a ribbon salad to add some new textures and flavours.