This baby friendly, one pot vegan curry is perfect for when you want an easy and tasty meal full of goodness. This curry doesn’t have heat so suits young palates but is still super tasty for the whole family.
- 1 Onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp Pureed garlic
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Tumeric
- 1 tsp Ground coriander
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 Medium butternut squash, peeled and diced (I had about 420g)
- 400g Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 Red pepper, diced
- 400ml Coconut milk
- 200ml Vegetable stock
1. Heat oil in large pot over medium heat and add onions. Fry until they start to soften and go slightly transparent.
2. Turn heat down to medium and push all onions over to one side of pot. Add garlic and fry until fragrant (usually around 1-2 minutes). Keep the garlic moving and be careful not to burn as this can make a bitter taste. Combine with onions.
3. Add all 4 of your spices and combine with onions. You may need to add a little stock at this point to make sure they fully mix and do not burn.
4. Turn heat back up to medium and add red pepper and cook slightly until they start to soften (only about 2 minutes).
5. Add butternut squash and chickpeas and combine until everything has a good coating of the spices.
6. Mix in coconut milk and vegetable stock and bring to simmer. Cook for around 30-40 minutes until sauce thickens and butternut squash is tender, stirring occasionally.
Serve with basmati rice and a good helping of naan bread for dipping.